Wednesday, July 4, 2012

TODAY WAS {PATRIOTIC}


Happy fourth of July to all Americans and anyone else who likes to celebrate! This is one of my favorite holidays. Today, in my small town, there was a  sort of mutual happiness that coated the air. It was  sweet and [not to sound too corny] it felt truly American. Today I spent the morning with my family and we grilled hot dogs and fried chicken [we ate lots of American food] and I drank lot of tea....because i'm always drink tea. I spent the afternoon with my good friend: we went to my house, we walked around town -- it was SO HOT -- we went to her house, watched some American movies, [Comedy skits and X-Men] had some tacos -- not very American -- and then we walked around some more. Ice cream and movies and hot dogs and, of course, fireworks. A few block from my house my neighbors had street fireworks in their yard, which gave the night a euphoric feeling...I felt: happy to be where I was, in America, with my friends enjoying the day :) I was a very happy camper.

It may not sound extremely "American" or like I did much celebrating but, to me, it was a good fourth of July. My day was filled with laughter and smiling and enjoying life with good friends and family, which is what I believe is the best way to celebrate American Independence day.

Happy fourth of July!
- janeen mickayla

No comments: